This is my new favorite way to make spaghetti! The flavors get cooked right onto the pasta rather then the sauce and pasta being separate.
Let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2-1 lb spaghetti (I used a little over 1/2 lb)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes or 1 jar of sauce
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 Bunch of fresh spinach – cut
- 4-5 garlic buds – sliced
- Basil (dried or fresh)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan. Toss in your onion and garlic. Add some salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes on med. heat.
- While that’s sauteing cut your spinach.
- At this point add your pasta to the boiling water and boil until it’s just about done.
- After the onions and garlic have cooked for around 5 minutes and are softened add your can of tomatoes or jar of sauce, your spinach and the spices and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes on med. heat.
- Strain your pasta and add to the simmering sauce and stir that up and let it simmer on med. heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. If the sauce gets a bit too dry when adding the pasta don’t be afraid to add more olive oil to the pan.
Now serve and enjoy!