Seattle is any outdoor recreationist’s dream, since it is situated within two major mountain ranges, has a sophisticated city that is known for its technology and food, and has plenty of activities for all types.
Whether you like mellow, extreme, indoor or outdoor activities, there are a lot of parks, exhibits, hikes, and water options available. For those who are traveling to the city to look at Seattle condos for sale, then stopping in and getting a bite to eat and visiting the activities is a good idea as it will give you a feel for the city life.
- 5th Avenue Theatre: Is one of the leading musical theatre companies in the nation with its emphasis on the production of new works. It has 15 Tony Awards and is well-known for its productions of musicals such as Hairspray and the canon performances of Broadway.
- Safeco Field: Is home to the Seattle Mariners which is perfect for Major League Baseball fans. The venue is known for serving great food, good beer, and is one of the best ballparks for its urban setting.
- Mount Rainier National Park: Is a great place for those who want to go mountaineering as there are glaciers, extreme weather, and is known for some of the world’s most challenging climbs. It is home to a volcano that is the fifth tallest peak in the continental United States. There are also hundreds of hiking trails that you can take through the dense forest during warmer months.
- Golden Gardens: Is a popular public park that offers picturesque views of the Olympic Mountains. It has wetlands, beaches, hiking trails as well as playgrounds. It is a great place for those who want to be active no matter what time of year it is.
- Pike Place Market: This is where you will go if you want farm-fresh produce, colourful flower stalls, frozen fish, and to see local artisans. From antiques, to food, to restaurants, this place is filled with incredible speciality shops.
- Museum of History and Industry: Displays the history of Seattle, and the region that it is within. It has historic photos, artifacts, and interactive exhibits that offer a fun way to learn about Seattle.
- Seattle Aquarium: Has an underwater dome that submerges visitors underneath the waves of the Puget Sound, putting them face to face with indigenous wildlife of the Pacific. It has educational exhibits, otters, and even giant octopi.
- Washington State Ferries: Has a total of twenty-two boats that take passengers to Seattle. You drive onto the ferry with your vehicle, park and hope out for a hot latte as you wait. You can even get an educational experience out of the visit by reading the signage conveniently placed around each ferry.
- Northwest Trek Wildlife Park: Has over 700 acres of land that is home to more than 200 species of wildlife that is indigenous to the area. This includes snowy owls, river otters, bald eagles, cougars, and bears. There is a tram-ride that goes through the park which allows you to see the wilderness.
- Woodland Park Zoo: Houses over 1,000 animals from 290 different species. It has over 65 wild acres of land, and the exhibits that you see there closely resemble the natural habitats of each animal species. From jaguars, to elephants, to snow leopards and the African savanna, you can see a lot of different exhibits here.
So while you look at the Seattle condos for sale, definitely think about checking out what the city has to offer in terms of entertainment. This will help you figure out where you may like to purchase, and in what area of Seattle you would be the most comfortable.