I have officially started my second trimester! I can’t believe it.
We got to see baby a week ago at our 13 week appointment. He or she was moving around like crazy and had a strong heartbeat! We had a good laugh while watching baby jump around from me laughing.
12-14 weeks symptoms:
– Shortness of breath is still going strong. Mostly when climbing stairs or cleaning.
– Boobs are still very tender. A tad heavier than the previous weeks. I have the links to the bras I ordered down below. They will be arriving in the mail soon and I can not wait!
– Food! Man, what a pain trying to figure out what to eat. Thankfully, veggies are back on the menu, but they have to be refreshing and light flavored. No meat except ground turkey on homemade tacos and fruit smoothies are a regular for breakfast. Also, small meals are a must. I can’t seem to fit much in my belly right now and if I try to keep eating it turns into nausea.
– Weight gain. Surprisingly none in my first trimester. I started at 121 lbs at my 8 week prenatal appointment, 124 lbs at my 9 week appointment due to constipation and went back down to 121 lbs at my 13 week appointment. The pounds will start to go up soon! I have no doubt.
-Speaking of constipation, I have issues maybe one day a week now, but that is much better compared to a few weeks ago.
-My skin has begun to heal. The hormonal acne is subsiding! I hope I’m not speaking too soon. I have noticed getting sun on my skin helps tremendously! So if you are struggling with the hormonal acne you now have an excuse to go sun bathing. I have not switched any of my skin products since I figured it may just irritate it more.
– I do still get a little light headed when I stand up, but that is also starting to lessen.
– Sleep has been pretty great other than the 1-2 times I get up every night to pee now.
– Cravings are few to none. There are certain things I can’t eat and then there are those things that don’t gross me out so I tend to lean towards those more appealing. Such as the fruit smoothies, chicken salad sandwiches on occasion, pickles are refreshing (not a craving just edible) and the only actual craving I have had is strawberry shortcake.
– Headaches are still hanging around. I think it may be due to not drinking enough water. It’s hard to drink that much water when it makes you nauseous to do anything but take small sips! I try my best.
– My sense of smell is heightened for sure! Dog poop, cooked meat, wet cat food, they all give me the shivers.
I can’t think of any other symptoms at the moment. I feel I have it pretty good! I am very thankful for that.
I am starting to grow out of some bottoms and bras. I walked around with a pair of jeans unbuttoned all day yesterday and I just packed away some shorts from the summer that just aren’t stretchy enough around my hips. I decided it was time to grab some maternity clothes so I headed to Target over the weekend! It was actually my husband’s idea! He told me he’d take me to buy a few maternity things, so here is was I tried on and found the MOST comfortable. I am so excited to wear these this Fall.
Basic Tank Top I bought three. White, grey and black in size small. Buy 1 get 1 half off! I am wearing the black one today and feel like my tummy can breath!
Basic Black Pants/Leggings These are SO comfortable and flattering. Like leggings, but thicker and great for Fall/Winter pregnancies. I bought size XS
Basic Grey V-Neck Tee To have for under cardigans. I bought size XS.
Casual Longsleeve Top w/Cowl Collar So comfortable. I bought size XS. This will be great with those black pants for a comfy day.
Textured Long Sweatshirt Also great with leggings. So comfortable and again, flattering. I bought size XS.
Basic Long Sleeve Black Top A scoop neck and the softest material. I bought size XS.
As you can see, I plan to be comfortable (as always). I also purchased four bras (buy 3 get 1 free) from motherhood.com. They will arrive soon! I heard great reviews about them. Here is the link: Maternity Bra
I bought 2 white and 2 black in size small.
We have our next appointment in 3 weeks! I will be 17 weeks along and we plan to actually hear the heart beat this time since we could only see it at 13 weeks. Then the gender reveal will be the appointment after between 19 and 20 weeks. YAY! I am not hoping for one gender over the other, but let’s just say we have only picked out a girls name and I am drawing a complete blank on boys names haha. So we will see!
As some of you may know I have two Great Danes. Remi, 3 and Duke, 7. I forgot to mention in my first pregnancy post that Remi (female) actually knew I was pregnant before I did! at around 2 1/2 to 3 weeks along she did not want to eat her food. She was more protective than she usually is and would not leave my side. She was just acting off. Than we asked the trainer a week later after we found out we were expecting if she could have sensed it and he said absolutely. She may have just sensed a change in my scent or a change in how I was feeling. We’ll never know. But we thought that was interesting!
Remi is off at training at the moment, one week down, 5 or 6 to go. I miss her terribly, but since we will have a baby in the house and Duke, this is the best thing for everyone. We want everyone to be comfortable once baby arrives. We plan to let the dogs meet the baby, but will never leave them unattended since the dogs are quite large and Remi still has some puppy tendencies. Paws go flying and bruises happen haha. So we will have to do some planning with dog and baby nap times and some dog gates. It will all work out.
I am very much looking forward to kicks and feeling the baby move. Nothing yet, but I try to lay still and see if I can feel anything that may feel unfamiliar or like a tickle in my belly haha. Maybe soon!