- 4 Skeins of Premier Yarns Couture Jazz yarn
- Pillow insert that is 18″ x 18″. I used a pollyfiber pillow, you can also use a down pillow insert to add more cushion
- Cast on 11 stitches using the long tail cast on method
- Arm knit for 19 rows
- Bind off and knot the end by making a half loop and pull the rest of the left over skein through the loop
- Without cutting the left over skein from your work, fold your work in half inside out
- Line up the edges and begin sewing two of the sides together by weaving the left over yarn through the lined up stitches
- Once you get to the third edge flip your work right side out and place your pillow insert inside
- Sew the last edge up using the remaining left over yarn and knot the end by making a double knot
- Cut the excess yarn a few inches from the knot and weave it through the edge tucking the end into the pillow
- Cut the excess from the knots where you added on the new skeins while knitting
- Also tighten and cut the tail from the cast on edge
Finished product is approximately 18″ x 18″.
Hi! I’m wondering if you can help me…I want to try this pillow but I’m thinking of using the Lion Brand Thick and Quick yarn and doubling it up. Would I need 8 skeins then? Or because the Couture Jazz is not as long could I still use 4?
I would like to offer my ‘congratulations’ on the happy news of your pregnancy you so very kindly shared with us all.
I am trying to source an alternative product to the Couture Jazz, as it’s so difficult to get over here in the UK. I would like to try an undyed Roving Wool for the Arm Knitting but am struggling with quantities. I can buy in ounces.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated…
[…] this quick and easy free pattern to knit a pillow in just one hour. Simply Maggie has the […]
Hi! I don’t knit. I wouldn’t even know where to start to learn. But I would like to buy 6 of those ivory pillows! Is that even possible?
I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your
traffic, you can earn extra cash every month. You can use the best adsense alternative for any
type of website (they approve all websites), for more info simply search in gooogle: boorfe’s tips monetize your website
[…] Click below link for free pattern: Source: One Hour Arm Knit Pillow Pattern – Simply Maggie | Simplymaggie […]